The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Airfix White Box 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: Airfix White Box 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1   Thu Jul 20 2017, 09:27

Got this one as a gift from our buddy Mike Marra. Decided to do a quick build.

The kit is old school Airfix - not much detail and a rather easy one to quickly put together. It needed a bit of putty for the wing areas, but overall, it goes together nicely. I built it as a NF1 (night fighter) from 256 Sqn., RAF Catterick, December 1940.

pmmaker

Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Airfix White Box 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1   Thu Jul 20 2017, 10:05

That looks really nice PMM, especially considering the age of that kit. In fact I'd go so far as to say that's the best build I've seen from that tooling. Good to see the classic Airfix stand being used too Smile

What I really find odd about the box is how they've split the name. The aircraft manufacturer was Boulton Paul, and the a/c name was 'Defiant', yet you'd think it was a 'Paul Defiant' from the box art. Shrugs

PostSubject: Re: Airfix White Box 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1   Thu Jul 20 2017, 19:17

Thanks Migrant. It was a rather basic kit - nothing much to do. I can see how someone could do a lot of extra work to really bring it up to a more modern standard. But doing all that extra work is not my cup 'o' tea. Besides, I've got the new, re-engineered version of the Airfix Defiant sitting in my pile and looks light years ahead of this one.

Yes, strange how Airfix printed the aircraft's name on the box. I have no clue why they did that.

pmmaker

Airfix White Box 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1