The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REVIEW: Falcon Models FA722006 RCAF Canadair T-33AN Silver Star, Flight Instructor School, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, 1967

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACpilot

PostSubject: REVIEW: Falcon Models FA722006 RCAF Canadair T-33AN Silver Star, Flight Instructor School, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, 1967   Mon Jul 24 2017, 02:15

May 13, 2011

Falcon Models
FA722006
RCAF Canadair T-33AN Silver Star, Flight Instructor School,
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, 1967.
1/72 Scale

The Canadair CT-133 Silver Star, was the Canadian license built version of the Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star jet trainer aircraft, in service from 1952 to 2005. The Canadian version was powered by the higher thrust Rolls-Royce Nene 10 turbojet, whereas the Lockheed used the Allison J33. In total Canadair manufactured 656 aircraft between 1952 and 1959.

Picked up my copy of this model at my local retailer.

Had about a dozen to choose from, I'd say about 20% had an issue with the horizontal stabs.
Not sure if the issue is due to quality control or if the cradle causes some upward bending.

The main gear is a bit of a pain but a little white glue works well.

Pilots (with correct blue flight suits) are from my two Hobby Master RCAF CF-104 models.

Overall I am quite pleased with this model and it proudly joins the rest of my Canadiana collection.

Dan
Wink

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Falcon Models FA722006 RCAF Canadair T-33AN Silver Star, Flight Instructor School, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, 1967   Mon Jul 24 2017, 09:38

Nice. Comparing the model with the photo of the actual photo, they've gone to a lot of trouble to accurately reflect the markings, even down to the non-standard fuselage roundel.

REVIEW: Falcon Models FA722006 RCAF Canadair T-33AN Silver Star, Flight Instructor School, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, 1967
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1