The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 
 

 Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

avatar

Posts : 280
Join date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Mon Jul 24 2017, 09:50

Another typical high-quality kit from Hasegawa. It's one of my older builds dating back to 2005, but I remember it as being a stress-free, straightforward project. On the real aircraft the rear of the engine is visible from the wheel wells, but the Italians made a temporary cover to protect the engine from debris thrown up by the landing gear, so I added that from styrene sheet. The classic Italian 'smoke-ring' camo was achieved through home made decals, each ring applied separately.










______________________________________________________
 Mike Grant | Calgary AB
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

avatar

Posts : 192
Join date : 2017-02-18
Location : East Coast USA

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Sat Jul 29 2017, 19:26

Simply beautiful. The 202/205 would be a great addition to HM's WWII stable but William said it's just not in the cards. My argument to give us one for the DAF and Malta Trop spits to fight .

I think you once shared how you make these home made smoke rings.

______________________________________________________
If you score a victory but lose your wingman, you lost the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Runway/9601/
Migrant

avatar

Posts : 280
Join date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Sat Jul 29 2017, 19:58

Thanks Kyushu. The smoke rings were printed onto blank decal paper using an ALPS printer, sadly no longer produced. They could probably be done with an ink-jet though.

______________________________________________________
 Mike Grant | Calgary AB
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

avatar

Posts : 192
Join date : 2017-02-18
Location : East Coast USA

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Sat Jul 29 2017, 21:31

Migrant wrote:
Thanks Kyushu. The smoke rings were printed onto blank decal paper using an ALPS printer, sadly no longer produced. They could probably be done with an ink-jet though.

Decal paper? ...where do you get this?

______________________________________________________
If you score a victory but lose your wingman, you lost the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Runway/9601/
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2017-02-17
Location : Northern Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Sun Jul 30 2017, 08:13

Kyushu J7W wrote:
Migrant wrote:
Thanks Kyushu. The smoke rings were printed onto blank decal paper using an ALPS printer, sadly no longer produced. They could probably be done with an ink-jet though.

Decal paper? ...where do you get this?  

Ken,

See this thread:

http://tmacf.forumotion.com/t217-tutorial-need-a-hard-to-find-decal-make-your-own

I get mine from a local hobby shop. I'm sure you could get the film off eBay or from other on-line hobby retailers.

Allan

______________________________________________________
Do not mettle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202   Mon Jul 31 2017, 10:04

Migrant wrote:
Another typical high-quality kit from Hasegawa. It's one of my older builds dating back to 2005, but I remember it as being a stress-free, straightforward project. On the real aircraft the rear of the engine is visible from the wheel wells, but the Italians made a temporary cover to protect the engine from debris thrown up by the landing gear, so I added that from styrene sheet. The classic Italian 'smoke-ring' camo was achieved through home made decals, each ring applied separately.




Another beaut build. Cool

I have always loved the MC202/5. It was a superb machine, a wonderful fighter and the 205 could mix it up with any Allied Fighter. Unfortunately, like everything the Italians made for the war it was totally unsuitable for the environment the type operated in which made serviceability low and put a real strain on the enablers supporting the SQNs that operated the type.

The access to the engine from the wheel wells is a perfect example and the Italian fighter's engine was for ever wrecked by dust and sand. Like all Italian aircraft of the war the aircraft lacked decent radios etc,

No one has made the type in Diecast in 1:72 or 1:48 other than the cheapy lines. Which is rather sad, particularly as we now know the next 1:48 fighter from HM will be the Zero. The fourth manufacturer to give the type a go in 1:48. No
Back to top Go down
 
Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi Mc.202
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Halinski Kartonowy Arsenal 2005-02 - Macchi C.202 Folgore (1-33)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Hasegawa / Minicraft / Academy-
Jump to: