The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'   Tue Jul 25 2017, 09:07

A challenging kit from Eduard consisting of some parts in styrene – the cowling, tyres, prop, main wing spars etc. – and the rest on multiple sheets of photo-etch. In fact it was very well engineered and nothing like as difficult as it looks in photos, but still tricky for an etchphobe like myself, and further complicated by the small size of the model.

I took this out of my display cabinet last year to show some friends, and watched it fall in slow motion from my hand on to the surface of the table, where it shattered into a thousand small pieces. I shoveled them all into a box which is how it remains.

PostSubject: Re: Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'   Tue Jul 25 2017, 09:18

That is SO sad! really cryin frustrated

You can clearly see that it was quite a labor of love and patience to build. And to drop it and have it go to a thousand pieces pieces - ouch!

I hope someday when the mood strikes you, you can sit down and repair it. I know you're not a "hoarder" and the process is more important than having the finished model Migrant, but I think this is one that would just be special to have in your cabinet again.

pmmaker

Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'   Tue Jul 25 2017, 19:50

pmmaker wrote:
That is SO sad!

Those aren't the exact words I used.

Thanks pmm: one day maybe I'll re-visit it, but I always find it so much harder to repair a model than finish a fresh build.

PostSubject: Re: Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'   Wed Jul 26 2017, 01:06

That is tragic, Mike. Crying or Very sad That is (was) such an awesome build. Did you paint the wood grain?
Back to top Go down

Eduard 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 triplane 'strip-down'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1