The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What have you purchased this week?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What have you purchased this week?   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:35

So collectors, what have you purchased this week?  Let us know what is the newest acquisition that you are excited about.

My newest models have finally arrived:

The Eastern Express Hansa Brandenburg W.29 floatplane:

Also my Revell Ki-45 has been delivered:

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Sat Feb 18 2017, 19:54

Nice Japanese birds! The Japanese aircraft definitely grow on a person!

My two recent purchases were Corgi planes. I bought a Pearl Harbor series Consolidated PBY5 in early war colors and a US Army P-40 in the Wheeler Field scheme. Great looking models...

Tom

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Sun Mar 05 2017, 08:45

Took my first step into the ocean known as ship model plastic kit building.  Just purchased a Lindberg sailing ship model of  "The Schooner Elsie", a Gloucester fishing schooner of the late 1800s out of Gloucester, Massachusetts.

My other "real life" hobby other than building airplane kits is to paint paintings of seascapes, lighthouses, and sailing ships.  It's a passion I have resulting from my New England upbringing.  While I like modern warships, it's the old ships from the days of wind and sail that really stir my blood.  There are more kits of these beautiful, old ships that I want to get, but I have to be careful of how much I spend and I REALLY need to not start a ship "stash" pile.   Shocked

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:08

Nice! A Lindberg kit is a good start. I have a few of their ship models. simpler kits with lots of potential for adding on if you like.

I have many ship kits in storage. Mostly "a bit more intricate" type kits I had when the ship building bug died off. I even have a couple of three foot long destroyer models that need to be built someday when I have the room to display them.

Be careful. They are addicting.....

Tom

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Sun Mar 05 2017, 11:25

TomMarkert wrote:
Nice! A Lindberg kit is a good start. I have a few of their ship models. simpler kits with lots of potential for adding on if you like.

I have many ship kits in storage. Mostly "a bit more intricate" type kits I had when the ship building bug died off. I even have a couple of three foot long destroyer models that need to be built someday when I have the room to display them.

Be careful. They are addicting.....

Tom

Thou doth speakest the truth dear sir! king

Found 12 just this morning that I'd buy in a heartbeat if I wasn't being careful.  I could easily build up an "impossible to build them all" stash in no time!  pale

In fact, I just won an auction for this one! Rolling Eyes My wife is going to have a conniption. affraid

pmmaker

DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Sun Mar 05 2017, 13:35

pmmaker wrote:
a conniption.  affraid

I had to look up that word. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:31

Nice ship (boat?) purchases PMM. I've always got a soft-spot (not my head, btw) for America's Cup entrants. I'm still shopping for a floaty-thing myself.

But in the meantime, I purchased a 1/72 Emhar F3H Demon jet fighter today. I also got a JASDF T-4 jet trainer. Both will be welcome after this nasty little beast I'm working on is finished (Entex F-86D frustrated )
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Thu Mar 09 2017, 02:20

Propwash wrote:
Nice ship (boat?) purchases PMM. I've always got a soft-spot (not my head, btw) for America's Cup entrants. I'm still shopping for a floaty-thing myself.

But in the meantime, I purchased a 1/72 Emhar F3H Demon jet fighter today. I also got a JASDF T-4 jet trainer. Both will be welcome after this nasty little beast I'm working on is finished (Entex F-86D frustrated )

Got both ships yesterday. I plan on doing the American Cup yacht first. The kit looks basic and large. Like all sailing ships, the painting, attention to detail, and rigging will either make or break the build.

I hope to pick up a couple more ship models that I'd like to do: the U.S.S. Constitution, and Dewey's U.S.S. Olympia are my two "got to get" models.

Good luck on the F-86D. Entrx has always been a problematic kit manufacturer.

pmmaker

Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Thu Mar 09 2017, 18:38

pmmaker wrote:
[ Dewey's U.S.S. Olympia are my two "got to get" models.
pmmaker[/size] [/color]

The Olympia is still moored in Philly. I was on it a few years back. Very nice ship.

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 00:16

pmmaker wrote:

Got both ships yesterday.  I plan on doing the American Cup yacht first.  The kit looks basic and large.  Like all sailing ships, the painting, attention to detail, and rigging will either make or break the build.

I hope to pick up a couple more ship models that I'd like to do: the U.S.S. Constitution, and Dewey's U.S.S. Olympia are my two "got to get" models.

Good luck on the F-86D.  Entrx has always been a problematic kit manufacturer.

pmmaker[/size] [/color]

I'm looking forward to seeing it PMM. Will you be using real string (rope) for the rigging, etc.? On a side note, have you ever built one of the wooden ship models? I started to build one once but it got lost during a move.

As for the Olympia, I built one of those as a kid. I may have to get one again just for the nostalgia. Wasn't it a Linbergh kit?

As for the Entex kit, all I can say is that it has gotten to be a personal cage-match between me and the model. fighting
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 05:53

Propwash wrote:
pmmaker wrote:

Got both ships yesterday.  I plan on doing the American Cup yacht first.  The kit looks basic and large.  Like all sailing ships, the painting, attention to detail, and rigging will either make or break the build.

Good luck on the F-86D.  Entrx has always been a problematic kit manufacturer.

pmmaker[/size] [/color]

I'm looking forward to seeing it PMM. Will you be using real string (rope) for the rigging, etc.? On a side note, have you ever built one of the wooden ship models? I started to build one once but it got lost during a move.

Yes Bret, I've raided my wife's sewing box for some black and tan sewing thread.  I'll rig it fully as per the kit's instructions.  The model of the American Cup yacht is HUGE - 16 inches long!  Quite a change from 72nd scale aircraft, but something I'm really excited to work on.  We've got a snow day today so I'll be starting it!  

I've never done a wooden ship model, but I may go for it in the future.

As for the Olympia, I built one of those as a kid. I may have to get one again just for the nostalgia. Wasn't it a Linbergh kit?

Yes, the one I've been eyeing is the Lindberg kit.  There are several on eBay from various manufacturers, including Lindberg and Pyro in 1:240 scale.  An alternative 1:232 Revell kit is floating around too, but the cost is high.  Around $25.00 - $45.00 seems to be the going rate for these.  I'd like to get one for under $20.00 but I won't be waiting for long.  If I have to pay $25.00, that's what I'll have to pay. But that's my limit I'll be willing to pay.

As for the Entex kit, all I can say is that it has gotten to be a personal cage-match between me and the model. fighting

Stick with it - you usually do!  I'm sure it will look great once it is done.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 18:11

The Bomarc missile kits arrived today from Hobbylinc. Nice looking kit, but they are limited production. I am starting this one after my B-17B...

Tom

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 18:14

Looks good . Are you doing it in McGuire AFB colors?

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 18:31

Hmm. Good question. I need to research that. McGuire is the closest base to me, that I know had them, so it seems like a must do. Decals may be a challenge though...

Tom

PostSubject: Re: What have you purchased this week?   Thu Mar 23 2017, 07:02

Here is a HM USN F-14 I just bought. It is a cool plane with optional landing gear and an interesting weapons loadout. I am not really sure what combination is correct for this version. No instructions specific to the prototype were provided...

I am collecting the planes used with the "Jolly Rogers" scheme on them, this one being flown off the USS Nimitz....

Tom

What have you purchased this week?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next