The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Airfix 1/72 Vought Kingfisher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: Airfix 1/72 Vought Kingfisher   Sun Jul 30 2017, 10:20

The tooling on this kit dates back to 1967, and it shows.  Laughing Raised panel lines and heavy rivets cover the airframe, cockpit detail is hugely simplified and the clear parts have heavy framing, don't fit well and are non too clear. To make matters worse mine was an MPC (US) boxing, moulded in white with lots of flash.

The good news is that it cleans up well once the surface detail has been removed and some simple re-scribing done. Cockpit details were a combination of scratch building and a White Ensign Models (WEM) photo-etched set. The poor canopy issue was resolved with a Falcon vacuum formed replacement, which doesn't fit exactly due to my own errors in cutting it from the sheet. I finished it as a Pearl Harbor aircraft.

PostSubject: Re: Airfix 1/72 Vought Kingfisher   Mon Jul 31 2017, 12:33

Your builds always make great viewing and this is no exception. I've never built a Kingfisher but I have always liked it lines -maybe one day. Smile
Back to top Go down

Airfix 1/72 Vought Kingfisher
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Airfix / Heller-