The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Quiet here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jimble

PostSubject: Quiet here.   Tue Aug 29 2017, 17:49

Quiet here,

I have this mental image of all the guys head down feverishly building their kits down in the man caves.

I look forward to seeing results with great anticipation.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Tue Aug 29 2017, 18:14

jimble wrote:
Quiet here,

I have this mental image of all the guys head down feverishly building their kits down in the man caves.

I look forward to seeing results with great anticipation.

It is very quiet, hope they are all still there.
Back to top Go down
cjg476

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Wed Aug 30 2017, 05:23

I'm here just lurking. Been getting into flames of war minis and painting them. Besides that kids are sucking the life out of me.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Wed Aug 30 2017, 06:03

It's been a rough summer here - lots of stuff going on.

I'm a school teacher (4th grade) and we start school today. I've been getting my classroom ready and that has been my focus these past three weeks. My P-47 has been sitting on the workbench, 3/4 of the way done, and collecting dust. I hope to get back to it this weekend.

Other than that, my enthusiasm for the hobby itself has pretty much waned. Hopefully the cool autumn weather and the release of the new Corgi Little Miss Mischief B-17 will lead to a rejuvenation.

pmmaker

Captain Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Thu Aug 31 2017, 10:38

I just got back from vacation (to Maine!), last logged in on 8/16 at 18:28. There are not too many posts these last two weeks. Perhaps, to some extent due to this, and for other more important reasons, I miss Mike Marra!
Back to top Go down
jimble

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Thu Aug 31 2017, 17:20

Captain Eddie wrote:
I just got back from vacation (to Maine!), last logged in on 8/16 at 18:28. There are not too many posts these last two weeks.  Perhaps, to some extent due to this, and for other more important reasons, I miss Mike Marra!

I think we all miss Mike, he is such a nice guy, a real gentleman.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Thu Aug 31 2017, 23:31

This forum is also difficult to navigate. It's hard to locate section and no new post thread.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Fri Sep 01 2017, 01:01

cjg476 wrote:
This forum is also difficult to navigate. It's hard to locate section and no new post thread.

If you sign in and view the site using the "classic version" instead of the "mobile version" - there is a "view posts since your last visit" option.

Dan
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sakai

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Fri Sep 01 2017, 22:00

ACpilot wrote:
cjg476 wrote:

If you sign in and view the site using the "classic version" instead of the "mobile version" - there is a "view posts since your last visit" option.

Dan
Wink

That's exactly how I check in too! And, yes, it has been quiet here without Mike's posts. Hoping he will return someday!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 02 2017, 06:09

Based on my last contact with him, I can say that Mike is pretty much done with social media and will not return to the forrum. I agree, he was quite a gentleman and a very welcome voice to our hobby.

As to myself, I find that my enthusiasm for collecting and building has pretty much gone.  I'm in the final stages of selling off my unbuilt kits and the last of my die-cast models. The only things I intend to keep are my built plastic model kits, my WWI models, and my beloved Corgi B-17s.  

Personally, I think this forum has run it's course and it's about time to end it. I'm now trying to decide; do I just leave the forum up for those who want to use it as a reference source, or do I just pull the plug and make a quick end of it?

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
ACpilot

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 02 2017, 11:05

Admin wrote:
Based on my last contact with him, I can say that Mike is pretty much done with social media and will not return to the forrum. I agree, he was quite a gentleman and a very welcome voice to our hobby.

As to myself, I find that my enthusiasm for collecting and building has pretty much gone.  I'm in the final stages of selling off my unbuilt kits and the last of my die-cast models. The only things I intend to keep are my built plastic model kits, my WWI models, and my beloved Corgi B-17s.  

Personally, I think this forum has run it's course and it's about time to end it. I'm now trying to decide; do I just leave the forum up for those who want to use it as a reference source, or do I just pull the plug and make a quick end of it?

Allan

Things may pick up after the Summer.

Personally, I would like a "heads up" if you pull the plug as I have around a hundred reviews I'd like to copy and keep a record of.

Thanks,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 02 2017, 11:59

ACpilot wrote:
Admin wrote:

Allan

Personally, I would like a "heads up" if you pull the plug as I have around a hundred reviews I'd like to copy and keep a record of.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

I'm leaning more towards just leaving the forum up for visitors (and those few members who are still active) to visit and read threads that interest them. I personally may not be too active here in the future, but I may stop by once in a while. The forum doesn't cost me anything, nor does it take much attention or time on my part, and as you say, things may pick up in the fall and winter.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 02 2017, 14:14

ACpilot wrote:
Admin wrote:

Allan

Thanks
Dan
Same request here ... I put a lot of time into the research and reviews. Photo bucket dumped my photos it seems while I was working the temp position for a few months, but I do have them on a hard drive still accessible . please give us some warning if youo decided to pull the plug.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 02 2017, 14:30

Kyushu J7W wrote:
ACpilot wrote:
Admin wrote:

Allan

Thanks
Dan
Same request here ...  I put a lot of time into the research and reviews.     Photo bucket dumped my photos it seems while I was working the temp position for a few months, but I do have  them on a hard drive still accessible .    please give us some warning if youo decided to pull the plug.  

Ken,

More than likely I'll just leave the forum open rather than shutting it down. There are a lot of good reviews and inspiring kit builds here that would be a shame to lose. We get quite a bit of visitor traffic - so there is still some interest out there.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Quiet here.   Sat Sep 16 2017, 09:26

The most exciting thing for me lately is that last week I put 10 models (die-cast & unbuilt plastic kit) for sale on eBay and I've sold 6. Only a couple hundred more to go!

I'm off to pick out a few more to dispose of. I'd like to be totally divested of all my die-cast and most of my kits by the end of next year.

pmmaker

Quiet here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next