The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Good-bye and thanks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propwash

PostSubject: Good-bye and thanks.   Thu Oct 05 2017, 00:59

For a number of reasons I have not been on the forum for a while (illness, injury, family - you name it) and reading of its imminent closure came as a surprise. However, things had changed the last few months with fewer people and posts, so the announcement was not a shock. But I am sorry to see it come to an end as it provided me with a nice spot on the 'net to chat models and collections. And to do so in a place where it was done so in a civilized manner (than like in many other online forums). I will miss this place and the people I got to know a bit while here.

Allan: Thanks for everything. The forum(s) you operated and the model-building support you provided. You helped get me back into that enjoyable pastime and improve my builds a great deal.

TomMarkert, Migrant, PBRS, Sakai, ACP and Rumpler: It has been a great pleasure to share this space with you all. I've learned a great deal from your posts and have always appreciated your comments on my builds. My thanks to you all.

Corey: Good luck with your new addition.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Embarassed

You and your families have my sincere best wishes. May you all be blessed with peace and good fortune. Take care.

Propwash, out.

Photo by Lockheed Martin

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye and thanks.   Mon Oct 09 2017, 10:37

Thanks for posting this, Propwash. Like you, I'm only surprised that it's taken this long for the forum to close down as there's been minimal participation in months, but I too have really enjoyed my time here and 'meeting' some of you guys, if only in the virtual realm...

If any of you plastics guys are looking for an alternative hang-out, I've been posting over on the Unofficial Airfix Modellers Forum. Despite its name it's not affiliated with Airfix, or biased only towards their kits. It's a bunch of very friendly, easy-going guys who enjoy building at all levels, and all genres. It would be great to see some of you over there.

Cheers

Mike

PostSubject: Good-bye   Wed Oct 11 2017, 07:44

Very sad to come to the end of the road for the forum, I will miss it as it is a very unique forum. A good group of members who showed courtesy and were willing to offer help. I noticed there were always non members viewing the forum when ever I went on line but how to attract participating members I do not know. My son runs a small Toy Soldier forum on Facebook and much the same is happening on it. I posted my tank dioramas on it and picked up over 10,000 views but not one comment, good or bad. This is the power of Facebook, someone shared it with a large International Model Forum and it went up 100 views an hour but no personal connection. I am getting old and grumpy, I would prefer a connection of some type.
I would like to thank Allen for his effort in providing this forum and all of the members for your courtesy and friendship. I will never meet you face to face but that is life I am afraid.
I was trying to finish some aircraft but cannot do it so will post my last tank in about a week. Regards to all. John.
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye and thanks.   Wed Oct 11 2017, 18:20

Migrant wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Propwash. Like you, I'm only surprised that it's taken this long for the forum to close down as there's been minimal participation in months, but I too have really enjoyed my time here and 'meeting' some of you guys, if only in the virtual realm...

If any of you plastics guys are looking for an alternative hang-out, I've been posting over on the Unofficial Airfix Modellers Forum. Despite its name it's not affiliated with Airfix, or biased only towards their kits. It's a bunch of very friendly, easy-going guys who enjoy building at all levels, and all genres. It would be great to see some of you over there.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the link Mike. I just joined up and will wait for confirmation that I'm in. I still want to build and share, but without having to run a forum or not being communicated with.

I too will miss ALL the friends I met here. All our Mikes, Propwash, Ole Kevin (Hornchurch) and everyone else. The forum was originally meant to be temporary and for only 6 to 12 months. So our run was a good one. But interests change and wane and nothing ever stays the same.

I too wish everyone well.

pmmaker

Good-bye and thanks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1