The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Nj museum of the National Guard - Lawrenceville Unit - Sept 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Nj museum of the National Guard - Lawrenceville Unit - Sept 2016    Sat Feb 18 2017, 23:19

I finally got a chance to go to the 2nd annex for the NJ Guard Museum outside of Trenton. It is only open on Tuesdays and Fridays and due to some base rearrangements lost a significant amount of their internal display space. Best call and confirm the museum is open and someone will be there regardless. You show Id to a guard and the outside exhibits are very nice but the inside can be locked up depending on docents availability ... If you have a group they are willing, with enough advance notice , to let you in on a weekend.

Here is a tank I had never heard. When I first saw it as we entered the lot I thought it might be an Italian or even a heavy Japanese tank . I have a few books of AFV's and visited the Aberdeen proving grounds massive tank exhibit before it closed, but I've never see this one and its history plate was interesting. They have several tracked arty vehicles , APC with Artry and tracked AA.

A jeep type vehicle , again one I have never seen but one of our members probably knows it well.

Spanish American War cannon.

It seems NJ fielded the last horse drawn arty prior to WWII. The units were sent to the ETO .

Nj museum of the National Guard - Lawrenceville Unit - Sept 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1