The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

NJ AIR NATIONAL GUARD GATE GUARDIANS Atlantic City NJ Sept 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: NJ AIR NATIONAL GUARD GATE GUARDIANS Atlantic City NJ Sept 2015    Sat Feb 18 2017, 23:26

We went down to the shore today,  to an area referred to Smithville in NJ. It is mostly country craft shops  (almost all made in china Smile  )  and retirement communities built up around the area near Atlantic City.    It was cool and breezy and as they had a car show  as well that made it easy on me .  On the way out I had heard there was a gate guardian at the AC airport.  I have flown out of AC before but have never seen it.   It's actually on a section of the airfield where the NJ ANG is based  so I thought I'd drive down the perimeter fence and see what I could see.  

I could see the old fences had been taken down and much higher fencing and strong security gate installed.     I thought better of taking a picture of that and the guard station not wanting to be rounded up by security. .  

You can't walk around the aircraft  and missiles like it appears you once could.   The gate looks like it may be permanently closed as well.    Just as well,  as the aircraft are better protected from vandals, but a raised platform further back from the security  to get some good pics would be nice .  This was the best I could do with my I phone

The Jersey Devils

Nice little car show.    The highlight was the steam driven car  behind the yellow roadster. ..... it drove off with no noise, just a hiss of steam as it exited the lot.     I had an MGB as a summer car  in my 20's for a while but then the furnace failed   that pesky wife and kids needed to be kept warm so I sold it. ......

a complicated convertible hardtop.   I overheard a person saying it was always a complaint of the owners.  a real PIA  getting stuck, binding, and being in the shop to be fixed.

NJ AIR NATIONAL GUARD GATE GUARDIANS Atlantic City NJ Sept 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1