The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

National Air And Space Museum - National MAll DC - Summer 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: National Air And Space Museum - National MAll DC - Summer 2014    Sat Feb 18 2017, 23:31

I had to be in DC this Monday and Tuesday to testify at a hearing in front of the ITC.  To my surprise it turned their offices were just a block over from the Mall and the Air And Space Museum.     I was able to get in before they closed and  most of the heavy tourist  traffic had abated.   Just enough  time to see the WWI and WWII sections.  Later when they were finished with me I visited the WWII Memorial, the Wall and looked up a kid that lived in my neighborhood.    He was with a unit using dogs.   I don't remember the circumstances of his death but seeing his name there brought back memories.  I can still see his little sister and her face when she told us about it.  I had not thought about them in probably 40 years.      I did see the statue dedicated to the nurses.  A few older women were there looking at it very quietly.      

The under belly of the SBD......

National Air And Space Museum - National MAll DC - Summer 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1