The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

March AFB Museum California Just down the Road From Chino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: March AFB Museum California Just down the Road From Chino   Sun Feb 19 2017, 00:20

March AFB - more cold war related but some unusual subjects. Some pics are not the best quality again using my old version of the I phone.

A rebuilt BT-13 / Val conversion similar to what was seen at Chino. No real Vals survived the war. They had cleared out a large hanger for a event so most of the WWII aircraft were on the flight line.

Early jets

Still working on old photos from an old trip   the new digital cameras and I phones do make life much easier.  

The scenery in the mountains on the way back to the coast can't be beat.   Now I know I'm going back and spending more time.  Looking on the internet  it looks like some of the museums  I have listed this evening have improved and some closed, rebuilt or sold off collections that appear the be shown elsewhere.

When I was there  "back when"  there was a small hanger devoted the to 475th FG adjacent to the March AFB Museum.  They also housed a P-51 but the group number I can not recall.   The last visit their beloved P-38 was going to be leaving them for some Micorsoft multi billionaires collection.   Felt bad for these guys  as they certainly put a lot into their small museum ...I have read its now to be moved to Chino.   Hope it opens before all the guys are gone and they get a P-38 .   The docents Bob Noggle ( spelling of last name may be off)  and Bob Anderson here  pictured together. They were with the 11th  and 10th  airforces.   I have lost the name of the other gentleman but all  were able to give me a lot of info on the P-38 flying characteristics.  The pics are the same age as the others so I fear these men are gone now.  

March AFB Museum California Just down the Road From Chino
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1