The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Change to Classic Forum Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Sun Feb 19 2017, 08:53

1. Arrive at the new forum site using the link Allan has provided at the old site.

2. You will likely arrive at the new site in "mobile mode"

3. Look at the top right of the page for menu icon(three lines) and click there

4. It will open and at the bottom of the menus will be "classic version" and PC screen icon. Click on that.

5. You will then arrive back at the new forum, but in a PC friendly mode which most of us are familiar with.

6. To switch back to "mobile" mode, go to the very bottom of the home screen and look for "mobile version. Simply click on that.

The classic version has many new icons and features, but basically it is similar to the old site. Enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Sun Feb 19 2017, 09:58

Keep in mind that I use an apple Ipad almost exclusively for my forum work. Any mobile device be it phone or ipad will take you to the mobile site first. This is due to some of the Classic attributes don't lend well to small screens like on Phones.

I am interested to know if those of you on PCs are being lead to the mobile site first. If so, is there a link to change to the classic(PC) site?

if you are on a mobile device and like the old look of the old forum, use the directions above to switch over.

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Mon Feb 20 2017, 06:24

Also, keep in mind, that the ability to switch between classic and mobile modes works only on mobile devices such as phones and iPads.

If you log on with a PC, you should arrive at the classic mode right off the bat. Your PC will not give you a link to switch to "mobile" no matter what browser you use.

If you log onto the site with a mobile device, you will go directly to the Mobile version. The big difference is that you can choose mobile or classic from a mobile device.

The classic mode works better for my iPad, but it is personal preference that rules the day.

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:24

TomMarkert wrote:
I am interested to know if those of you on PCs are being lead to the mobile site first. If so, is there a link to change to the classic(PC) site?

Tom

Joined on the PC for the first time and it looks like the old site.
Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:40

Okay, thanks Lemmings. That is the way it should work. Thanks for the confirmation. Enjoy!

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Tue Feb 21 2017, 18:35

Tried accessing the forum on my Samsung Galaxy which uses Android. At first the forum looked weird - but then I remembered what you said Tom and now it's in the classic mode. Looks 100% better now!

Thanks!

pmmaker

DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Wed Feb 22 2017, 04:31

I logged on the first time on the PC and it looked much like the old forum but a day or so later it changed to a slightly different layout which fits a larger screen (28") better and which from my POV is better.

As you say, no option to change to mobile layout but that's just fine with me. Smile

Having a look in 'Preferences' has a few options that users might find useful. For example, as a UK based member I changed the date format - the US format just confuses me.

Somewhere I thought I had seen an option for changing the screen background and text colours. I'm quite happy with the standard colours but one or two people I know find a black background with white text easier to read - Hornchurh I believe is one of them. Smile If I did see it I can't find it again.

More icons but what are they all about? When would I want to use the  @  icon or  farao ?  I'd love an afro I'd love having any kind of hair. lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Change to Classic Forum Mode   Wed Feb 22 2017, 18:56

DCRanger wrote:
I logged on the first time on the PC and it looked much like the old forum but a day or so later it changed to a slightly different layout which fits a larger screen (28") better and which from my POV is better.

As you say, no option to change to mobile layout but that's just fine with me. Smile I changed the forum settings - I prefer a bigger screen to make things easier to see.

Having a look in 'Preferences' has a few options that users might find useful. For example, as a UK based member I changed the date format - the US format just confuses me.

Somewhere I thought I had seen an option for changing the screen background and text colours. I'm quite happy with the standard colours but one or two people I know find a black background with white text easier to read - Hornchurh I believe is one of them. Smile If I did see it I can't find it again. There are no settings for "personal" preferences. As we are now in an environment where people create "skins" as apps, the ability to have individual preferences is disappearing. The color scheme I choose was an attempt to make the forum easier to read.

More icons but what are they all about? When would I want to use the  @  icon or  farao ?  I'd love an afro I'd love having any kind of hair. lol!
When you look at the smilies, you will see a pull down menu "View more Emoticons". Click on Smilies 2. These are many of the old ones from the old forum. I'll bring more in when I get some extra time.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Change to Classic Forum Mode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1